3 Online MPH Nutrition Programs
- Andrews University: Students that are seeking online MPH programs in Nutrition and Wellness can find what they are looking for through Andrews University’s accredited degree program. This online MPH program requires students to complete 17 credit hours in core classes, 12 credit hours in the Nutrition and Wellness component, and 10 credit hours for research and a practicum.
- The University of Massachusetts – Amherst: The 44 credit hour online MPH – Nutrition program through UMass Amherst is a great choice for students that are looking for flexibility and substance with their degree program. This program consists of credit hours within the public health and nutrition component, in order to give students a helpful blend of both health-oriented aspects in this discipline. Most students can complete this program within 2 years.
- The University of California – Berkeley: The online MPH – Nutrition program at UC Berkeley is a great option for students that are looking for regular courses within a reliable degree program. This 2-year full-time program consists of courses that are related to public health education, communication, and individual nutrition. Students that graduate from this program can find careers working to increase the public’s awareness of their own nutrition and how it can affect their overall health.
What You Can Do with an MPH in Public Health Nutrition
- Community Health Services: In the community health setting, Nutrition specialists can provide insight and planning in public health programs that focus on eating right, exercise, and preventative health. These professionals may work with clients that are in lower-income areas and do not have access to high quality insurance and higher education. The purpose of this career field is to reach individuals on a personal level and help them to obtain a better understanding of personal and family nutrition and how it plays a role in overall public health.
- Education: Schools and colleges are ideal places for Nutrition specialists to find a career. Young children and upcoming adults are a great crowd for Nutritional programs that can help them learn healthy habits to be taken into adulthood. In this realm, you may be responsible for planning and implementing Nutrition programs, providing Nutrition education programs to groups, or analyzing a school’s current meal plan to ensure that all children and adolescents are receiving adequate amounts of nutrition throughout their stay.
- Research: As with most fields in public health, research is central to ensuring that plans and programs are effective. In this field, you could find a career that indulges in learning more about how people respond to nutritional programs, whether or not people can truly utilize the programs that are provided for them, and finding effective methods for getting people in contact with resources in their area. Determining Nutrition-based statistics and determining natural and environmental causes may also be involved in work in this field.
- Healthcare: Hospitals and other healthcare facilities across the country may hire Nutrition specialists to assist with patients that are struggling with various physical and mental disorders. Nutrition can sometimes be a key factor in individual health, so healthcare is a great field for Nutrition specialists to make a difference. Providing Nutrition advice, developing meal plans, and analyzing personal Nutrition habits may be a part of work in this domain.
- Government: Meal plans and Nutrition programs are a big part of the education system. In order to ensure that these agencies are providing meals that are helpful to the development of children, the government provides funding and planning for Nutrition. If you decide to pursue government-oriented positions after obtaining your degree, you could be a part of the analysis and planning of meal plans and funding for education and beyond. These positions can last a lifetime for dedicated graduates that want to be a helpful part of great Nutrition for all people.