Clinically-focused programs in public health can provide students with a further understanding of the importance of individual health on the community.
The MPH Clinical Public Health program contains many features that are similar to those in generalized MPH programs, as well as some that students might find in medical degree programs or others that focus on individual or community health. The purpose of this program is to educate upcoming clinical research professionals so that they can contribute to the betterment of public health programs, pharmaceutical practice, and health care for the public.
Featured Programs That May Be Currently Accepting Applicants
The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University (MPH @ GW) prepares public health professionals to make a difference in communities around the world, helping students succeed in advancing the health of populations locally and globally. Complete your MPH in 12 months. GRE waivers available. Click here for admissions information.
UNC’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, top-ranked on U.S. News’ most recent list in 2015, offers an online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ UNC.
Click for admissions information from OnlineMPH.UNC.edu
Simmons’ online Master of Public Health program, MPH @ Simmons, is designed to give you the real-world skills you need to address health inequity on a local, national, and global scale. You’ll learn core public health methodology, leadership, and advocacy skills needed to improve population health equity. No GRE required.
What is the Online MPH in Clinical Public Health?
The field of public health consists of many different specialized aspects that were designed to help students have a broader understanding of individual/group health and the effects of both intrinsic and extrinsic factors on personal health. In order to have a wide coverage of knowledgeable practitioners in public health, concentration programs were created in order to allow students to choose a designated path in order to focus their studies into one of the many aspects of public health.
When you enroll into a MPH – Clinical degree program, you should expect to see a curriculum that is well-rounded in terms of subject matter. Some of the courses that you can take during this degree program can help you learn more about the requirements for clinical professionals, the ethical mandates put in place for clinical trials and testing, and the methods used for providing relevant results to the public. Our team of educational experts has taken a look at some popular MPH programs in an effort to provide you with some example coursework that is common between all. The list is below for you to view.
- Topics in Clinical Research
- Design and Conduct of Clinical Trials
- Research Methods
- Health Programming Evaluation
- Methods of Epidemiology
- Patient-Based Outcomes Measurement
The classes that you take in your degree program can help you better understand the clinical aspect of public health, as well as what is expected of you as a clinical professional. This degree program can set you on track for careers working in leadership, healthcare, or research for public health fields. The entire degree program can be completed in around 2 years for most full-time students.
George Washington University – Online Master of Public Health (MPH) (CEPH Accredited)
University of North Carolina – Online MPH ( Accredited)
Simmons University – Online MPH (Accredited)
Top 3 Online MPH Programs
- Johns Hopkins University: JHU currently offers the MPH in a flexible online format. This university provides many concentrations for student to choose from – including those that are focused on the clinical aspect of public health. Students at this university can take 1-3 classes per term and complete the entire program within 2-3 years on average.
- The University of South Florida: The online MPH – Public Health Practice is provided by USF in an effort to educate future leaders within the clinical domain. This program seeks to teach students more about clinical care for all populations. Students can expect to spend around 2 years within this program prior to graduating.
- Nova Southeastern University: The online MPH at NSU requires that students take part in course such as Environmental and Occupational Health, Research Methods in Public Health, and Biostatistics. This curriculum was designed to train educated and experienced clinical public health professionals within the 2 year time frame of this program.
What You Can Do with an MPH in Clinical
As with many other fields in the public health domain, the completion of a degree can lead to many different opportunities. This degree program in particular allows students to gain knowledge and understanding in several different aspects of public health, including research, policy analysis, epidemiology, and clinical testing. Each of these subjects has a bearing on how effect public health agendas can be on the public, which makes professionals extremely valuable to the field as a whole. Take a look at some of the common fields for this major below.
- Research: Having the ability to take part in extensive clinical research can help you become part of vital teams of professionals in the field of research. Whether you are testing the effectiveness of different healthcare initiatives or providing pre-release insight into public health programs, the work that you can contribute in this field can have a direct effect on the overall wellness of others within your community.
- Healthcare: The clinical aspect of this degree program can set you on track for a career working indirectly with the healthcare field. Conducting clinical trials, evaluating clinical agencies, or even analyzing effective policies can be some responsibilities present within this field. The MPH – Clinical track is a great option for students that want to be a part of the ever-growing healthcare field.
- Leadership: The MPH – Clinical degree program can provide students with knowledge and expertise in both the public health field and clinical research and development. This type of degree program is great for students that wish to pursue careers in leadership, both in public health and government positions. Some responsibilities of leadership positions within these domains include leading a team of others, providing advice and support to teams, and conducting and analysis on team effectiveness to determining potential areas of change.
- Consulting: Hospitals and other healthcare facilities require the insight of public health professionals when working to improve their environment and systems. Consulting careers in clinical public health are popular for new graduates, since it can provide them with a diverse experience in the professional field. While working in careers that are focused on consulting, professionals may provide advice to facilities that are looking for better practice settings, safer environment for patients, and more effective settings for individual or group treatment.
- Government: Once you have graduated, you can seek out careers working in higher government positions. The government plays a huge part in directing public health agendas that hospitals and other medical facilities must abide by. By pursuing a degree and career in this field, you can be a part of the positive change that takes place with both public health law and application in the public.
Top Public Health Salaries / Careers for the MPH in Clinical
- Medical and Health Services Managers: $96,540 on average per year (BLS).
- Health Scientist: $80,530 on average per year (BLS).
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians: $50,930 on average per year (BLS).
All CEPH Accredited Programs
See below for the list of MPH programs that are CEPH accredited.
Featured Programs That May Be Currently Accepting Applicants
- ScM in Clinical Translational Research
- MPH in Clinical Effectiveness
OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
- MPH in Clinical Translational Science
UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
- MS in Clinical Research Design
UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE
- MSc in Clinical Investigation Science
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
- MS in Clinical Research
- MS in Clinical Research Design & Statistical Analysis