Top 3 Online MPH Programs
- Nova Southeastern University: NSU currently provides a Health Science program for students that are interested in this aspect of public health. This program consists of a 37 credit hour requirement that includes courses in Research, Epidemiology, and Professional Writing. This degree program can be completed in as little as 2 years for dedicated students.
- Bellarmine University: The Health Science program at this university is spectacular for students that are wanting quick entry into the field of public health. This master’s level program can be complete in as little as 5 semesters, and includes topics such as Health Behavior, Leadership and Management, and Issues in Health Care. Students that graduate from this program can be on track for management positions within the public health and health care field.
- Saint Francis University: SFU has an innovative Health Science program for students that seek specialization in Health Education, Health Leadership or even Clinical Health Science. This program requires students to complete 30 credit hours and can take 1-2 years to complete. The goal of this program is to create effective leadership professionals in the field of public health and health care.
What You Can Do with an MPH in Health Sciences Services
- Management: Students that graduate from this program can potentially gain more knowledge about the administration of health services, which can provide insight into becoming effective managers within the healthcare field. Management typically consists of leading a team of healthcare professionals, budgeting and purchases, and communication with facility owners or CEOs. This position requires a strong knowledge of the healthcare field and what goes in to making it run efficiently. If you are interested in this career track, the MPH in Health Science Services could be a preferred option for you.
- Policy Development: The healthcare field is full of different rules and policies that govern services to the public. These guidelines are constantly being reviewed and tested to ensure that they are the most efficient. If you pursue a career in policy review and development, you can be a leading source of information for identifying problems within the healthcare system and providing a system of change. This career field is often associated with the government, since most policies and regulations are provided at this level.
- Research: Working in part with policy development specialists, research professionals are usually responsible for testing different policy options to ensure their efficiency before being released into the public. Research professionals may also investigate problematic situations and environmental hazards that are present within society, in order to give more insight during the policy development process. This career field is a great choice for individuals that have a history or profound interest in research as well as Health Science.
- Quality Control: Healthcare centers and hospitals across the country are expected to uphold a certain standard of care for patients that are being served. In order to ensure that these practices are taking place and that hospitals are following the guidelines provided by the national government, quality control agents are dispatched to review and investigate. These professionals may audit patient files, respond to claims submitted by patients and other customers, and submit reports to proper autorities in the event of a mishap. This career plays a large role in the improvement of healthcare quality all over the country.
- Patient Advocacy: Patients that have received services from hospitals and other medical facilities may have trouble finding their voice when there are relevant concerns. The healthcare field is large and has many networks of reporting and communication throughout. Patient advocacy specialists are expected to have a solid understanding of patients’ rights and healthcare responsibilities in order to provide a helpful service to their clients. Professionals that find a career in this field can provide a priceless service to the individuals that they are working for.