3 Online MPH Programs
- The University of South Carolina: USC currently offers a completely online MPH – Health Promotion, Education, and Behavior. This program can be completed in 24-26 months for most students, with 45 units being required for graduation. Students within this program can learn how to communicate public health ideas to the public in order to increase awareness about problematic public health issues.
- Old Dominion University: Old Dominion University has an online MPH – Health Promotion and Education program completed online. Students that enroll in this program may be expected to complete 46 credit hours in order to graduate. The goal of this program is to create effective educational professionals in the field of public health.
- San Diego State University: The online MPH – Health Promotion and Behavioral Science program at this university can be completed in around 20 months. Students may be expected to take courses such as Research Methods, Epidemiology, and Health Communication as part of their required curriculum. The result of this program should be effective public health communicators that can pass on vital health suggestions to the public in order to increase public health awareness.
What You Can Do with an MPH in Health Promotion
- Education: As children and adolescents grow in the U.S. Education system, it is the goal of the educators to ensure that they are learning everything they can about being a resourceful and productive adult. Health Promotion professionals in the education system can help students learn better habits for overall health, teach children how to avoid unhealthy habits and harm within the environment, and provide health-related goals for children to meet throughout their experience. These professionals can help set the foundation for a healthy life in children and adolescents in the school system.
- Community Health: At the community health level, Health Promotion specialists can potentially influence groups within their local society. The purpose of Health Promotion is to provide programming and health education to people at a minimum cost, with some organizations even offering some services at no cost. These prevention-focused programs are aimed at providing an influential voice to people in regards to protecting good health and finding methods of better nutrition and habits.
- Business: The country in its current state is highly health-focused. Businesses and organizations are following suit by providing Health Promotion services to their employees. Businesses that are concerned with employee health may employ Health Promotion specialists to come in and speak with employees about better health habits, providing planning for preventative health and safety in the workplace, and even analyze current employee health to determine areas for change within the organization. This type of extra programming may be growing increasingly popular for businesses of all sorts.
- Healthcare: The healthcare field is a great place to expand your skills in Health Promotion. In this environment, you can work with people that work at these locations, patients, or even the general public. The goal of Health Promotion programs within the medical setting is to provide health education to people, help people find healthier hobbies, and encourage better nutrition and preventative care. If you work within this area, you could find a career in large hospitals, medical centers, and even community health care centers.
- Government: The goal of the U.S. Government’s involvement in Health Promotion is to find more effective ways of reaching the public and educating them about paths to better health. If you decide to find a career in this field, you could analyze current public health programs to determine paths for improvement, providing planning for Health Promotion programs in the public and in the field of education, and provide funding to organizations that can help enhance Health Promotion across the country.