Top 3 Online MPH Programs
- Benedictine University: This school provides students with the option of enrolling in an online MPH – Health Administration for their studies. This program focuses on the policy development and public health viewpoint in healthcare systems and can lead to careers in leadership in the healthcare field. Students can complete this program within 2 years at full-time enrollment.
- George Washington University: The Health Administration program at this university can help students learn more about the concepts and regulations associated with public health within the healthcare systems. Students that graduate from this program can pursue jobs in public health and the healthcare system. While in the program, students may take courses that investigate Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Healthcare Leadership.
- The University of Alabama – Birmingham: Students that choose UAB for their education can enroll in the Master’s in Healthcare Administration offered by this school. This program is designed for individuals that have experience working in the public health and are looking to become involved in the healthcare systems. Students can expect to spend 2 years on average completing this program.
What You Can Do with an MPH in Health Administration Management
- Leadership: The most prominent position obtained by graduates of this degree program can be found in leadership. The curriculum of this degree program can help to educate and prepare future leaders for providing support in clinical and other health-related organizations. Professionals in this position must have knowledge about both the person-centered and business aspects of running a health facility, and have the skills needed to promote success within employees.
- Business: If you have an interest in the field of business and wish to have some influence within a health-related organization, this is definitely a degree program to consider. Students that are enrolled and taking part in this program can learn more about the business aspects of health services, and what is required in order to be a leadership professional. Some entrepreneurs start businesses that provide medical services or products to healthcare centers and hospitals, which can be a very challenging, but providing career option.
- Government: The healthcare field is under great scrutiny by the U.S. Government, which requires that hospitals and other medical facilities follow certain protocols and guidelines when working with patients that are suffering from serious illness or disease. Government personnel may be responsible for reviewing activities within these medical facilities to ensure that they are following the rules and providing reliable care to the public. If you are interested in being a part of a government-oriented career, this could be a great degree program for you.
- Insurance: The healthcare field consists of many different sectors and parts. Patient insurance is a huge component in patient healthcare, and also is a providing career option for students that complete this degree program. As part of this field, professionals may be responsible for coordinating healthcare and insurance billing with hospitals and working directly with patients that are receiving care. Leadership positions within the insurance field may also be common for upcoming professionals from this degree program.
- Education: Learning more about public health and health administration can set you on track for providing information and support to upcoming public health professionals. Having your MPH can allow you to pursue a career as a post-secondary teacher at universities across the country. Individuals that choose to pursue higher education as a career field may find that working with students that are determined to make a difference in the lives of others can be extremely fulfilling and make for a reliable career option.