What You Can Do with an MPH in Generalist Public Health
The most interesting thing about this degree program is its ability to help you find careers in a wide variety of settings. The field of public health has a broad reach that can be included in healthcare, community planning, government, and even education. In order to give you a better idea on what you can expect professionally, our team of educational experts has provided a list of career options for graduates of this degree program.
- Community Health: The community health application of this degree program can be vast on its own. Professionals that work in this field can be nutrition and health advisors for community members, family planning specialists, program qualification specialists, and even preventative service providers.
- Health Education: In educational fields and community health, health educators can help to educate the public about their own habits and how they play a role in their own wellness. These professionals can work in public or private settings. Through health education, professionals in this field can help communicate the need for greater attention to personal healthcare in the public domain, which can contribute to greater health for society as a whole.
- Planning and Policy Development: At higher levels, public health policies are constantly being modified and implemented for public use. If you choose to be a part of this field, you could be a leading providing of useful public health data and policies.
- Risk and Safety Assessment: Evaluating the risks and safety of public buildings, places of employment, schools, and transportation is part of what it means to work within this discipline. There are many individual positions within this sector in public health, including those that work in evaluating food and water safety.
- Research: Now that you know some of the fields that play a part in increasing the efficiency of public health programs, you can see where the testing and recommending begins. In research-oriented fields, professionals test theories and applications of public health ideas to determine which ones work and which ones do not. This field is a great place for science-driven graduates that want to provide safer environments for people in society.