What You Can Do with an MPH in Clinical
As with many other fields in the public health domain, the completion of a degree can lead to many different opportunities. This degree program in particular allows students to gain knowledge and understanding in several different aspects of public health, including research, policy analysis, epidemiology, and clinical testing. Each of these subjects has a bearing on how effect public health agendas can be on the public, which makes professionals extremely valuable to the field as a whole. Take a look at some of the common fields for this major below.
- Research: Having the ability to take part in extensive clinical research can help you become part of vital teams of professionals in the field of research. Whether you are testing the effectiveness of different healthcare initiatives or providing pre-release insight into public health programs, the work that you can contribute in this field can have a direct effect on the overall wellness of others within your community.
- Healthcare: The clinical aspect of this degree program can set you on track for a career working indirectly with the healthcare field. Conducting clinical trials, evaluating clinical agencies, or even analyzing effective policies can be some responsibilities present within this field. The MPH – Clinical track is a great option for students that want to be a part of the ever-growing healthcare field.
- Leadership: The MPH – Clinical degree program can provide students with knowledge and expertise in both the public health field and clinical research and development. This type of degree program is great for students that wish to pursue careers in leadership, both in public health and government positions. Some responsibilities of leadership positions within these domains include leading a team of others, providing advice and support to teams, and conducting and analysis on team effectiveness to determining potential areas of change.
- Consulting: Hospitals and other healthcare facilities require the insight of public health professionals when working to improve their environment and systems. Consulting careers in clinical public health are popular for new graduates, since it can provide them with a diverse experience in the professional field. While working in careers that are focused on consulting, professionals may provide advice to facilities that are looking for better practice settings, safer environment for patients, and more effective settings for individual or group treatment.
- Government: Once you have graduated, you can seek out careers working in higher government positions. The government plays a huge part in directing public health agendas that hospitals and other medical facilities must abide by. By pursuing a degree and career in this field, you can be a part of the positive change that takes place with both public health law and application in the public.