Top 3 Online MPH Programs
- The University of Florida: This university offers on online MPH – Social and Behavioral Sciences through their innovative online platform. This program requires students to complete 15 credits within the five core areas, 15-21 credits in the Social and Behavioral core, and 12 credits in electives. Students may also be required to take part in an internship and seminar as part of their graduation requirements.
- Temple University: Temple University has a current online MPH – Social and Behavioral Sciences that is offered to students interested in this major. The program entirely consists of 45 credit hours, which includes core components, electives, and field work experience. The entire program can be completed in around 2 years for most students.
- Kent State: The online MPH – Social and Behavior Sciences at Kent State requires students to complete 46 credit hours for completion. Students at this university can take advantage of 7 week courses, as well as an advanced practicum that can help sharpen their skills within the field of public health.
What You Can Do with an MPH in Behavior Health Sciences
After you have obtained your MPH in Behavior Health Sciences, you can have the option to pursue careers in many diverse fields. Human behavior is a major component in determining if public health policies will be utilized or even effective in the public domain. Since people are a part of every aspect of society, having expertise in this field could place you in many different settings.
Your responsibilities within your field can range from developing helpful programs to assist with increasing mental health awareness within the community to working directly with members of the public to increase their own quality of life. Behavior health specialists can begin working with individuals in an effort to learn more about how behavior can take a toll on the overall health of the environment. Take a look at some of the potential areas of employment for this degree program below.
- Community Health Centers
- Health Departments
- Policy Development/Review
- Mental Health
As you can see from the list above, there are many employment settings that are based around community health care and policy research. Behavior Health Sciences as a specialty can provide you with additional knowledge in the field of health, which can set you on track for specialized positions in the field. As a public health professional, your goal may be to raise awareness about public health and safety within your community, and help people find resources for improving their own personal health.
Top Public Health Salaries / Careers for the MPH in Behavior Health Sciences
Although you may have a diverse platform to exercise your expertise in the field of Behavior Health Sciences, there are career fields that are more popular than others for new graduates. As you can see below, some of the most popular career choices for people with the MPH – Behavior Health Sciences are in fields that deal directly with individuals that have mental illness, psychological impairments, or those that have made poor life decisions.
As a professional, you may find that you are more drawn to different groups, depending on your interests. Since Behavior Health Science is a huge part of public health, you can become a vital piece of the public health team with the knowledge gained in these educational programs. Our team has provided a short list of popular fields and their salaries below for you to read.
- Substance Abuse, Behavior Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors: $42,150 on average per year (BLS).
- Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists: $50,160 on average per year (BLS).
- Social and Community Service Managers: $64,680 on average per year (BLS).